Monday, March 30, 2015

Holy Shit, I'm Older Than WHO?!?!?!

So I was looking for some info online today and saw a headline that read "Where Are They Now: Ultimate TV Moms". I started clicking through for S and Gs. I quickly noticed a disturbing trend in the article. 

Joanna Kerns was 32 when she entered my TV world on Growing Pains.

Judith Light and Meredith Baxter were 35 when they came on the scene on Who's the Boss and Family Ties respectively.

Phylicia Rashad was 36 when the Cosby Show debuted.

Alley Mills was 37 when she became Kevin Arnold's TV mom on The Wonder Years.

I'm 40.....and more than a half. I am a full 3-8 years older than my favorite TV moms were when they were my favorites!!!! Do you remember how "mom" they looked? How definately NOT in their 30s they seemed? How grown-up with their shoulder pads, or "done" hair, or teen-age children who are much older than me? Is that me now?

FFFUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment