Friday, May 16, 2014

All Natural Product - GIANT Savings!

I love make-up but want every tiny trace of it off before bed. I love natural, home-made products. I love saving money and I want "the right tool for the right job"!

About 2 years ago, after spilling a brand new $12 bottle of eye make-up remover, I'd had it. The bottles lasted less than a month anyway. I found what looked like a great recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. Lucky me, I LOVED it!

Here's the recipe as I've adjusted to fill a quart sized Mason jar:
4 Cups distilled water
3 teaspoons Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap (I use the unscented but if you want to use the scented
5 teaspoons olive oil

And here's my most recent batch.
My Handy Dandy
Mason Jar Storage


This Mason jar will last about 6 months and the ingredients are less than $3 per batch!!!!!! That means that where before I was spending over $125 per year on this ONE PRODUCT, now I spend less than $6.






Now to find a dispenser. Since my first batch, I've been doing what a good, money saving, recycling, reducing, reusing, momma would do. Drum roll................... Yep, that's a travel sized, baby shampoo bottle that I washed out to use. It's okkkaaayyyy, I guess. There had to be something better, and not so messy.



So, a few weeks ago, our local JC Penney store became one of their locations to feature a Sephora. Hello gorgeous!




I was able to stay away until this week. I really can't believe I lasted as long as I did. I walked in the door and the very first shelving unit I walked to held the answer to this particular conundrum.




Spill Free Pump
This little beauty is a pump bottle just like the ones they use in the store. It went directly into the basket!

Good thing it's Friday. You can get the ingredients over the weekend, and either visit your local Sephora or GET IT HERE to get started!!



They're only $11. Only a teensy portion of the major savings from making my own eye make-up remover. It seems really sturdy so it'll last. I already love it so much, I've thought of two other uses, nail polish remover and toner. Another trip to Sephora this weekend......okay!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what that little bottle was for. Looks like a great little investment. Oh and you better call me if you go back to Sephora, I'm going next time!

    ReplyDelete