Monday, May 19, 2014

Hobby Lobby to Iron Maiden

Saturday was a full day. Jeff is traveling for work (AGAIN) so Sam and I filled our weekend with fun to keep our spirits up. Hobby Lobby for some crafting supplies, a local organics/whole foods type store for a few items to fill out the grocery list, then lunch with my brother and his girlfriend. This is only the dessert part, I DID feed him real food before I gave him cake and a spoon.
Chocolate CAKE!!!!!
I didn't even make it a full day before as promised/threatened...whatever you want to call it, I went straight to Sephora and got two more pump bottles! I can't say enough about these.
Spill Free Pump Bottle From Sephora
AND, while I was there, I could not leave without this beautiful Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette. Seriously, how gorgeous are these colors?!
Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette

My brother's girlfriend, Tristan, is a make-up phenom who ALWAYS looks beautiful. Check out her awesome fashion, organizing, travel, make-up, saving money, etc. blog HERE:
I'm Going To Eat This Crawdad
Yes, that's a live crawdad. More on that later. She's become a bit of a make-up inspiration to me. I mean, I'm only going to be 40 this summer. I guess it's time to learn more than swipe and go! I'm getting better every day.
Sam was really super good while we shopped for make-up so we visited our local arcade to work off some of that sugar.
Teacups!
While Sam was napping, my Sydney got some make-up tips from Tristan too. You know how before you have kiddos, everyone says "Oh, it's different when it's your own." when it comes to changing diapers or getting barfed on? Similarly, I've seen these eyebrows on dogs pics on Pinterest and always thought they were funny, but this one seems funnier to me. It IS different when it's your own. In this case, it's funnier. She still has them by the way, and it's almost 48 hours later.
Dog Eyebrows
Back to the crawdads. Some friends had a GIANT crawfish boil Saturday night and apart from a whole side of the nose strawberry from a toddler tumble, we had an awesome time!

I Don't Know Mommy, Too Pokey

Crawdad Boil

Look at the size of those! Granted I don't have very big hands but whoa. I almost got Sam to hold it but he thought they were "too pokey". My mom was so grossed out by hers that soon after this picture was taken she "buried it" under her napkin. What a hoot!
 
I teach the 2-5 year old class at my church and this Sunday's lesson was a really neat one about compassion. I featured a great book called Nobiah's Well. The boys (yes, my class is ALL boys), really loved all of the animals in the story. I needed a clay jar to illustrate part of the story but who takes a clay jar to a room full of 2-5 year olds? What to do, what to do? A squatty, quart milk bottle turned out to be just perfect. A layer of gold spray paint and a layer or orange and voila, terra cotta jar. The book is a tiny touch long, so I recommend paraphrasing based on attention span.
 
One of my very favorite things about people is how different we all are. I love our idiosyncrasies, imaginations, dreams, and passions. Mitchell is a little boy that I am graced with every Sunday who has one of the most active imaginary play minds I've EVER known. I never know on Sunday whether he'll be Luke Skywalker, Iron Man, Spiderman, a tauntaun, or Andy Williams (yes, THAT Andy Williams). I really didn't think he could surprise me anymore, but this Sunday he was.............
Iron Maiden Mini Eddie
Eddie, the famed mascot of Iron Maiden. This is his performance to an Iron Maiden tune I couldn't understand anyway, but definitely NOT through my tears of laughter. I barely even got the picture. Life is good.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Very fun weekend!! I crack up a little thinking about Syd and her new fabulous eyebrows. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're kind of just near the middle so she kind of looks angrier :).

      Delete