Friday, July 18, 2014

5 Things I Am Looking Forward To Doing This Weekend

I am (mostly) a lover of living in the moment. I don't like the thought of wishing my days away and I truly think there's something worthwhile and beautiful in every day. Maybe it's a little Pollyanna but life is a garden, and I dig it! Today though, I'm glad it's Friday. For some reason I've been walking around this week in a bit of a fog. Luckily I snapped out of it at about 5:30 AM mid-run. I'm ready to embrace this weekend and all that it holds from the tiny to the giant.
 
1) I am looking forward to buying Sam some more big boy undies. I got one pack at a buy 2/get 1 sale at Old Navy last weekend and I can not get them off of him. In fact, he didn't wear a pull up all afternoon yesterday at my Moms, just the undies. Sooooooo, he peed off the porch and maybe pooed in the yard. No accidents in the undies! This is one of those giant ones. I wondered what it was that would be his "thing". You know, the thing that is the turning point in potty training. Turns out, it's the feel of wearing the undies with no pull up underneath.
 
He's such a boy. Having a pee outside.
No more diapers. He wants underwear!

2) Tonight one of Jeff's classmates is having a reunion of sorts for their graduating class. I've never met any of Jeff's high school friends and am looking forward to any stories they might share about my sweet, fabulous hubby as a teen. It was a very small school and his class was only about 30 people so I'm sure they all have stories on one another.
 
3) We are reading a book titled "The Language of Flowers" by Vanessa Diffenbaugh for my book club. Our next meeting is the 26th, and I have about a third of one of the best books I've ever read to finish before then. I intend to read while Sam naps and after he's in bed for the night to complete this delicious, rich, compelling story.
 
4) I have a new pen pal from the UK and I can't wait to write her back!
 
5) We are leaving in a barely double digit number of days for a grown up/no baby on board trip to Las Vegas to celebrate my 40th birthday. We previously went to Las Vegas for our first anniversary and had a bit of debauchery on the calendar. Two weeks before we left though.....surprise, I'm pregnant. We had a phenomenal time eating and seeing shows but it was a different trip than we'd planned. All that said to say this. I am over-the-top excited and am getting the suitcase out to start packing this weekend.
 
 
 This will be our view while I eat, for the first time since June 20th, a really-bad-for-me-but-so-deliciously-worth-the-wait meal including meat, cheese, dessert, wine, cream, butter.....whatever they've got.
Bring on 40, bring it on Vegas, and bring on the French food! 

2 comments:

  1. Have a great birthday weekend away-- sounds like this weekend will be fabulous as well..... Enjoy it all!!!
    PS- congrats on the underwear- that's huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I can't wait! And I'm so excited that we can see the end of the diaper tunnel :)

      Delete