Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Managing Your GIANT Papers, Posterboard, Foam Sheets, Etc.

 I just love finding perfect storage solutions at really discounted prices! I have a miscellaneous collection of large paper and foam products. Some are left-over foam from cutting out facial features for the monsters I made for Sam's second birthday photo booth. You can see the green monster behind Sam in this photo.
 
 
Some are from various photo matting projects. Some are for an awesome project I can't wait to do for Halloween this year. Check it out.
 
 
Some are scraps of posterboard that we've made a million products from. And some are just giant posters I've saved from work events to draw on the back of or rip up for collages. I buy things I know we'll use when I see them on sale and there are always left-over pieces and scraps from our projects. These pieces and scraps were stored in 6 separate locations within the house, garage and shed. They get bent, smudged, and torn in several of those locations. I knew I had to find an affordable solution.
 
I rarely frequent the "real" artists section of my local craft store because I am a terrible drawer/painter and the supplies are usually kind of expensive. I do love the 40% off signs though and was led down the sketch book/charcoal/easel aisle by just such a sign.
 
Yay, I found the perfect thing. A 24"x32" Filexec Black Carry All Artist's Portfolio. It had been $14.99 but with 40% off, it came to $8.99. I'll definitely pay $8.99 plus tax for organizational piece of mind!
 
Filexec Black Carry All Artist's Portfolio

 
Okay, so one of the pieces of mat board sticks out of the top and I can't zip it as a result. Who cares! It's all in one place, and easily flip-through-able to find just what I need in a flash.
 
Keeps your eyes open for those 40% off signs, even in aisles you never go down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment