Wednesday, June 4, 2014

52 Weeks Of Organization Starts.....NOW!

 I had kind of a frustrating day yesterday. I had taken the day off work to drive my mom to a procedure (nothing major, no worries) but due to a miscommunication, we were refused at the surgery center and after I got her settled in back at home, I was spent. I've mentioned before I am the get busy type of gal when things are sad, tough, frustrating or I'm mad. Any kind of negative circumstance, I tend toward the "work it out" approach. There were so many things I could tackle. I found the best 52 weeks of organization checklist HERE (Laura Wittman at www.orgjunkie.com is great. Seriously, you should follow her!) and printed it off with great intentions over a month ago.
 
Where to start, where to start? I had let my closet get out of control! I decided to attack it with a vengeance. I won't bore you with every single detail but do want to give a shout out to a new great product I found at Target and had in my "Hey, this is on clearance. I'll bet I can find a great way to use this." arsenal. When I bought the multi-hanger shown below, it was in a clearance area for $3.50. I very sturdy and the hanger head turns so you can hang it flat or on the rod. There are lots of versions available but if you don't feel like heading to the store, or waiting for clearance, or just REALLY like this one, you can find it HERE or HERE.
 
 
It's original purpose was a tie hanger but Jeff's closet already had a tie hanger in it sooooooo I used it to get all of my tank tops out so I wasn't digging in dark drawers when I needed one. They had been clogging up the underwear drawer and closet shelf long enough!  

 
It turned out to be heavier than I expected so my trusty Command hooks wouldn't hold it. A purse hook hammered into the closet wall did work to hold it however. Depending on the size of your closet and how many clothing items you hang up, you may have room right on the closet rod. I don't, but that's another story. I DID manage four grocery bags of donations out of my cleaning frenzy though. 
 
The best part? I know me, and now that I've started the 52 weeks list, I will keep going. Beware house, husband, and son, mama's on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment