Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fine Motor Skills In A Parmesan Container?

I saw the cutest idea on Pinterest for a pre-school fine motor skills tool/toy for Sam. He's working on a lot of 2 1/2 year old skills right now and the educational tools you can buy online are great but I already had all of the things to make this tool at the house. Saving money, crafting and making a fun tool/toy. Sign me up! Now I just had to wait until we used all of the Parmesan cheese...........
Ta Da!
Now it's a frog that we can feed bugs to with tweezers.
 
I did always think these canisters looked a little like a frog.
 
All I did was wash it out really good, take the label off, glue googly eyes onto black pom poms and glue those to the top of the canister. Super easy and Sam had a blast!! The bugs came from the million little plastic and rubber animals we have in tubs and the tweezers were part of another game. Voila, check out the fun!
 


 
Serious Frog Feeding Concentration

 
Of course, we had to get our regional bug book out to identify and name the bugs that were getting eaten.
 


We Love Bugs!
 
This was a great wind down the night, get ready for bed after bathtime activity, it kept Sam interested, entertained, learning and working on an important physical skill for over 20 minutes, AND it was free. Triple success!
 
I'll bet you have the stuff to make one just like it right now in you craft room, corner, box, drawer, shelf.....whatever you use. Happy crafting and learning!
 
P.S. Give me a break on the project photography. A photo box is coming up soon on the "I'm going to make this" list :).
 
 
 

 

2 comments: