Monday, June 23, 2014

No Time For Projects For All The Fun!

I just love bowling alleys that haven't been upgraded much. Our local bowling alley was host to my work's annual bowling tournament on Friday night and walking in feels like the 70s to me. I think the bowling balls and shoes (check them out!) might be about my age which is cool, but so is the air conditioning unit, which is not cool. Hella hot! We had so much fun though. AND I came in second of five in game two. That's never happened before unless I was only bowling with one other person.
 

 
Saturday, we got up early and headed to the zoo that's about an hour East of us. We only told Sam that we were headed to an adventure. He loves "ventures". We made fun animal friends, got some good outdoors exercise, and the flowers in the zoo were just beautiful. We hadn't been to this particular zoo since Sam was about 5 months old and he had a ball. Feeding the animals and hiding in the bamboo were his favorite parts!
 
Feed Me!
Me Too!

 
Watching Sam thrill at his "ventures" and the flowers were my favorite part.
 


Being there made me want to join the zoo club. If you love the zoo and the animals within, I think it's a great idea to help them in whatever way you can! I'm torn between joining the club right now or saving up a little to purchase a painting by one of the zoo residents. Here's the one that one of their chimpanzees did. I mean, how cool is this?
 
Dickerson Park Zoo "Wild And Fresh" Project
 
Saturday evening, we got Jeff's Fathers Day grill gazebo put up on the patio. Thank goodness because it poured on him Sunday after he got all of the food on the grill!
 
Sam's Club Sheridan Grill Gazebo
 
This butterfly was just hanging out on the patio while the boys were working. I felt like it followed us home from the zoo it was so beautiful and unexpected.
 
 
Sam got some new boots from a friend and I can not get them off of him but check how cute he is clomping around our kitchen.
 
I LOVE My New Boots!

 We finished off the weekend with our friend Ava from next door and made our way through about 8 cans of silly string. That's the silly string leftovers all over the patio. I LOVE that they've changed the recipe of silly string and it doesn't stain anymore because I can let the kids go nutso and just wash it off with the hose! They had silly string out the wazoo at Dollar Tree for Easter baskets and I stocked WAY up back then. It's not technically a project but your kiddos will have so much fun, it might as well be.

Friends Are Fun
 
Yea, that's it.....I'm calling this our project for the weekend. We used the last 8 of $30 well spent on silly string! "Ventures" come in all forms! Embrace them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment